Saturday 18 July 2015

repost 23/01/15 Black and white

          Black and White

 Black and white volume one from out of step publications featuring some amazing art from some amazing artists. A massive thanks to jinxi Caddel for contacting me about this project. Since i was a kid iv experimented with lots of different mediums when creating my art but the majority has been black directly on white. My earliest memory of doing this in large volumes was when i was around the age of 15. Being in social situations like groups was always a little uneasy for me, i would always carry an a5 pad and fine liner pens where ever i would go. In situations where i would feel awkward, out came my pad and pens like my own little coping mechanism. I would never sketch first just straight out black, if i made mistakes it would force me to alter parts for my mistakes to go un-noticed. Since those days i now draw in many different ways but the most natural for me is still black on white. When i was contacted and asked if some of my black and white drawings could be used for a book along side many amazing artists it was a great feeling. From a young age iv dreamt of having my work published in books but confidence would always set me back. Iv always looked at the work i create and feel  its not ready or not good enough. I always feel i need to wait for when i improve enough that my work deserves this kind of reward. Having an amazing positive person like jinxi, who has worked with some of the most amazing artists over the years contact me about my work to be featured in her book is one of the biggest rewards i could ever ask for. For this i am forever grateful, . thank you jinxi and the team at out of step.... xvx power..

No comments:

Post a Comment